Well, it’s been too long in between posts. Sorry! It’s a busy time of year.
So, we’re officially into winter, but that doesn’t mean we have to hibernate, wear track pants everywhere and stuff our faces with pizza! In fact there are still loads of things to do when the temperature drops… like the races!
I was lucky enough to attend the special Mothers’ Day Races at Flemington last month and I saw so many beautiful hats and fascinators when I was hunting around for one for myself, that I felt compelled to write a post.
For winter racing fashion, I like darker colours, textured fabrics and metallics. But don’t forget, white is also a really great colour for winter; it’s crisp and goes with everything! Eventually, that’s what I went with.
So, here are my top 5 head pieces for Autumn/Winter races:
1. Heather Mcdowall – ‘Sophie’ – $520
This fascinator is actually amazing, like ALL of Heather’s pieces, and is obviously the one I went with for my race day.
2. This one is from Heather Mcdowall’s brand new collection. In fact, it’s so new I don’t even know the name of it! Loving the copper – perfect for winter!
3. Victoria Novak – ‘Silver Lining’ – $880
4. Kookai – ‘Tristan Turban’ – $30
This will do more than just look good – it’ll keep your head warm too!!
5. Sarah J Curtis – Black Boater – $220
This hat is so classic. Plus, you’ll be able to wear it outside of the races!
Enjoy getting dolled up for the races 🙂